FIND OUT IF YOU QUALIFY TO GET COMPENSATION
Contact a Knowledgeable INVOKANA Lawyer for a Free Evaluation
Have you suffered from invokana side effects? Has your health deteriorated further as the result of farxiga side effects? Did you or a family member experience invega side effects?
An experienced INVOKANA lawyer, who is well versed about the health complications, can help. We can also provide legal guidance for those who have suffered from the adverse side effects resulting from other medications. Contact us to schedule a free evaluation today.
When physicians prescribe medications to treat conditions such as diabetes or schizophrenia, other health complications may occur. If you take any of these drugs, you may have experienced some additional health problems.
Side Effects of INVOKANA and Other Medications
- INVOKANA: The most frequent complications of this medicine include genital yeast infections, urinary tract infections and changes in urination. Other side effects are bone fractures as well as dehydration, which may make patients feel dizzy, faint, lightheaded or weak. Serious complications include ketoacidosis, which increases ketones in your blood or urine, leading to nausea, vomiting, stomach-area pain, tiredness or trouble breathing.
- INVOKAMET: This medication and other SGLT2 inhibitors, introduced in August 2014, affect kidney functions to lower blood glucose levels among diabetics and decrease the production of glucose in the liver. However, the side effects of these drugs may lead to serious and potentially life threatening problems including kidney stones, impairment and failure. Other complications are urinary tract infections, abnormal weight loss and hypersensitivity reactions.
- FARXIGA: The FDA approved this SGLT2 inhibitor in 2014 after prior rejection because of inadequate information on the safety and effectiveness of the drug. Reports of side effects include kidney stones, impairment and failure as well as urinary tract infections, abnormal weight loss and hypersensitivity reactions. The FDA has also noted that this medication may increase the risk of bladder cancer.
- XIGDUO XR: This SGLT2 inhibitor, approved in October 2014, has resulted in serious and potentially life-threatening complications side effects noted for similar drugs in this class. Other complications may include difficulty breathing, nausea or vomiting, abdominal pain, confusion, fatigue or sleepiness.
- JARDIANCE: Following the complications noted for SGLT2 inhibitors, this one may also cause kidney failure as well as diabetic ketoacidosis, ketosis or acidosis. Additional issues include difficulty breathing, nausea or vomiting, abdominal pain, confusion, fatigue or sleepiness. Serious risks are heart attack, stroke and wrongful death.
- GLYXAMBI: This sixth member of the class of SGLT2 inhibitors, approved in February 2015, includes the risk of kidney stones, impairment and failure. Patients have also reported urinary tract infections, abnormal weight loss and hypersensitivity reactions.
- SYNJARDY: This combination of EMPAGLIFLOZIN and METFORMIN carries a risk of lactic acidosis. The rare but severe buildup of lactic acid in the blood requires hospitalization and can cause death. Other serious side effects include dehydration, ketoacidosis, urinary tract infections, low blood sugar, kidney problems, yeast infections in men and women, low vitamin B12 and high cholesterol.
- INVEGA SUSTENNA: Serious side effects of this antipsychotic medication include an increased risk of death in elderly people who are confused, have memory loss and have lost touch with reality (dementia-related psychosis, a condition that this drug is not approved to treat). Other serious problems may include stroke, irregular heartbeat, uncontrolled facial movements, low blood pressure, high level of prolactin in your blood, missed menstrual periods, difficulty swallowing and additional complications.